Browse a variety of custom-manufactured roll-up fire service doors, Firemiser™ insulated fire doors and fire-rated counter shutters to find the right fit. Our overhead roll-up doors combine all the great features you have come to expect in a quality Cookson product with the added benefit of superior fire protection.
What Is a Fire-Rated Door?
A fire-rated door or counter shutter is a barrier designed to prevent flames or hazardous smoke from spreading during a fire. These doors have ratings based on how long they are proven to withstand a fire. You can order Cookson steel roll-up doors with fire ratings of 45 minutes, 90 minutes, three hours or four hours.
Our fire-rated and smoke-rated products include:
- SmokeShield™ Elevator Shaft Smoke Curtain: The most design adaptable option in the industry, SmokeShield Elevator is a hoistway smoke enclosure that eliminates the IBC elevator lobby requirement.
- Roll-up fire doors: In the event of a fire, limiting property damage and protecting life has never been so easy than with Cookson roll-up fire doors. These rated structural fire barriers are designed to stop the spreading of fire and smoke, keeping the event isolated by compartmentalizing specific spaces within the building.
- Firemiser™ Insulated Rolling Fire Door: This door is perfect for a building's exterior but can be expanded later. Installing a fire door in areas that need climate control is not an issue either, as our Firemiser™ roll-up fire doors offer an insulated core that increases energy efficiency. When you need to protect points of egress and wall openings, Cookson counter fire doors are the perfect solution.
- Counter fire door: Rolling fire-rated counter shutters close automatically during a fire for the protection of wall openings. Commercial fire shutters can also provide function daily as added security.
- Fire-rated closing systems: When it comes to fire-rated closing systems, Cookson’s advanced engineering, technology and design patents make it one of the world’s leading manufacturers. Fire-rated manual door operators are best-suited for counter shutters that are not used frequently or are too small for a motor operator. Motor operators are durable, long-lasting and compatible with the main controls of your building for ease-of-use.
- Auto-Test™ Fire Door Product Systems: Our fire-rated doors will actuate all fire doors to close when connected to fire detection devices, smoke detectors or building alarm systems. Cookson Auto-Test™ Fire Door Products Systems activate through signals sent by smoke detectors or building alarms.
The Cookson Door Advantage
Cookson overhead fire-rated steel roll-up doors and designed to be the industry leader. All fire-rated overhead doors have oil-tempered torsion springs that are engineered for more than 50,000 open and close cycles, meaning your roll-down fire door will serve you for years to come.
Our structural angle guides and bottom bars make our doors more durable and prevent damage that could keep the door from fully closing during a fire. These fire doors are approved for any wall type, including concrete, structural steel or masonry.
Cookson advanced roll-up fire doors feature:
- Maximum durability and reliable protection
- Fully automatic resetting
- Test key switches for easy fire door testing, including auto-test and simple-test doors
- Built-in battery backup prevents nuisance closures due to power outages
- Door governing systems to control fire door closing rates
Regardless of the scope of your project, your overhead roll-down fire door can be custom-made to meet your exact specifications. Are you ready to protect your space with commercial fire shutters or a roll-down fire door? Contact Cookson today.