Fire Rated Counter DoorCounter Fire Door
Model Number: ERC10 and ERC20
Rolling Counter Fire Doors
Counter fire rated doors are installed in places where, unfortunately, fires are likely to occur. In fact, they are required by code for fire, fire barrier and smoke barrier walls. Think of lunch rooms, concession stands, and the like. In these situations, you want counter fire doors that can compartmentalize the fire as well as prevent fire and smoke spread as quickly and effectively as possible. Our counter fire rated doors are up to the task.
AlarmGard Rolling Fire Shutters are structural separations used to prevent the spread of fire and smoke throughout a building. They provide automatic closing in the event of fire detection with safely governed speed control. Our reliable alarm-activated AlarmGard rolling fire rated doors are Factory Mutual Approved, listed with the California Office of the State Fire Marshal, and are UL Listed for ¾, 1 ½, 3 and 4 hours of fire protection. AlarmGard fire shutter doors are also designed for daily use to provide security and access control, and are approved for openings that are not part of a required means of egress.
AlarmGard Closing System Benefits:
- Closes fire door when alarm sounds – no need for separate and visually distracting release device or fusible link
- Hands-free automatic resetting and automatic open capability upon alarm clearing reduces downtime by 100%
- Smaller headroom clearance than competitors on the market
- Safe, controlled closing speed
- Cornell AlarmGard motor, chain and crank operators are UL listed and approved for retrofit to most manufacturers’ fire doors while maintaining their fire protection rating and listing label
Integral Frame and Sill Benefits:
Designed with reduced coil, bracket and header size (8” minimum) to fit tight clearances. These shutters provide a:
- Sleek Look: Without the exposed edges of a typical non-integral unit and with the addition of jamb and head trim pieces, this Counter Shutter offers the cleanest look available.
- Easy Installation Process: These slip-in units are ready to be set into existing walls, eliminating the need to coordinate installation during wall construction. Built-in units wrap around both sides of the wall opening and installation can be done while the wall is under construction.
Our rated counter shutters come in the following standard height and width parameters:
If your maximum height is less than or equal to…
…your maximum width available is:
For openings that fall outside of the standard construction, please contact us.
Standard Materials and Finishes
Counter Fire Shutter curtains are available in:
- 22 gauge galvanized steel
- Exclusive GalvaNex™ finish in gray, tan or white
- 22 gauge 304 series stainless steel
- #4 finish
Click here for additional material and finishes options and information.
AlarmGard Rolling Counter Fire Shutters are for use in rated masonry or drywall construction (wood or metal studs).
Optional safety devices on provide a visual and/or audible advanced warning when the door is about to close .
Battery Back Up Devices
Available for motor, chain and crank operators, these devices prevent fire doors from closing from a power failure.Learn More
FireGard Release Devices
Optional device that ties in to a building alarm system and closes a FireGard fire door upon alarm activation, rather than by melting its fusible link.
AtmoShield™ Powder CoatingTextured powder coat finish that combats the environments harsh wear and tear. This finish provides a thicker, more scratch resistant coat for added product protection.
Hood and Operator Covers
Metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.Learn More
SpectraShield™ Powder Coating
Polyester finish in more than 180 colors for durability, aesthetics, superior finish life and cost effectiveness.Learn More
Seismic Performance Validation
We can provide project specific seismic calculations for all coiling doors that are mounted Face of Wall to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.
Safely and conveniently test and reset the functionality of the fire door at floor level. May be flush or recess mounted.
Entrapment Protection Devices
Entrapment protection devices ensure that a motorized door or grille will not close on an object. If an object enters path of closure, the entrapment protection device will stop the door or grille from closing and return it to the fully open position.
Guide-Mounted InterlocksAn electrical cutout switch to prevent motor operation if locking device is not first disengaged.
Rated Integral Frame and SillOur Rolling Counter Fire Shutters with Integral Frame and Sill (counter top) are designed with reduced coil, bracket and header size (8” minimum) to fit tight clearances.
Countertops are available for a complete counter shutter closure solution, and can be UL rated.Learn More
Counter Fire Door Drawing Generator
Counter Fire Door with Integral Frame Drawing Generator