Commercial Hurricane & Max Protection Doors
According to the National Climate Assessment, hurricanes are growing in intensity, duration and frequency in the United States, and they're projected to increase in severity over the coming years. With increasingly powerful weather comes costly and substantial structural damage from strong winds, water surges and flooding.
In severe conditions, you need doors that provide serious protection against severe storms. Cookson Max Protection Rolling Doors provide ultimate protection and security from human-made and natural threats, including hurricanes, tornadoes and other natural disasters.
The StormDefender® Door
Award-winning StormDefender doors feature explicit protection against tornadoes and hurricanes. These storm doors are ICC 500 and FEMA 361 rated, meaning they adhere to a set of standards put in place regarding the placement and construction of safe rooms. For additional protection, StormDefender hurricane-rated rolling doors are available in both fire-rated and non-fire-rated models, with benefits including:
- AlarmGard: Our award-winning AlarmGard system can be connected to your building's alarm system directly, deploying the StormDefender's doors upon alarm activation.
- Out of sight, out of mind: These doors are virtually invisible until you need them, and thanks to their sleek construction, they fit into precast concrete with minimal protrusion.
- No more confinement: These heavy-duty commercial doors are intended for safe rooms that will benefit from light and ventilation when the doors are not in use — including school cafeterias and gymnasiums.
- No power? No problem: If a strong storm knocks out the power in your building, the StormDefender can be set to close automatically.
- Lasting durability: Heavy-duty slats are held in place with our patent-pending wind lock design, keeping them secured in the guides even in the strongest wind.
- Quiet operation: Sound-deadening end locks work to reduce noise during door operation.
The EntryDefender® Door
Protect your space from unwanted entry with the EntryDefender Door. This
high-security door is perfect for protecting government buildings and other sensitive structures from mob-style attacks for increments of five, 15, and 60 minutes per the U.S. Department of State (DoS) standards
for forced entry.
- Long-lasting: As a standard, the EntryDefender operates for a minimum lifespan of 20,000 complete cycles.
- Customizable: If you need your door to handle additional cycles, we can make that happen. EntryDefender is customizable to withstand more active use.
- Durable: EntryDefender commercial security doors will withstand a static wind load of up to 125 PSF.
- Safe: The steel curtains include interlocking slats that compress when the door is closed, resulting in a smooth surface and reducing potential pry points.
The Wind-Master® Door
Wind-Master Operational Wind Loaded Rolling Doors have end locks allowing operation under a wind load of up to 20 PSF. Wind resistance is amplified by the springless design, bracing against wind force with the full weight of the door.
Gain ultimate peace of mind with insulated commercial hurricane shutters, retaining all our top-of-the-line security features while reducing sound transmission and improving temperature control.
The Importance of Roll Up Security Doors
Security door systems help to deter and prevent vandalism, burglary
One of the largest growing segments is universities and schools. The need to quickly and efficiently lock down a school, in the event of an emergency, is at the forefront of many news tragedies. Our steel security doors, impact-resistant doors and all safety door systems are all custom designed to your specifications and made to fit in any application where safety is paramount.
Often business owners think about safety doors when a threat is imminent and protection is quick security deployment is needed. We do everything we can to address requests for advanced security closure solutions that have come directly to us due to recent events of riots and vandalism to storefronts around the country.
Many property owners do not realize that our overhead security doors are custom designed to remain in a secure position in front of existing sliding glass doors and windows to maintain the current flow of entries or openings. When emergencies or threats happen, the safety doors successfully deploy in an emergency.
Immediate protection in the face of danger can be achieved by:
- Installing a ‘panic’ button at the front desk of a hotel or school
- Connecting the door to an existing alarm system
- Activate ‘lockdown’ in a warehouse from a remote or central location
All of which will automatically close the doors.
- Our Strongest and Most Secure Doors – custom manufactured specifically to meet the security requirements of each application.
- Fast Response, Delivery,
andInstallation - our team will work with you for a fast turnaround so you have the security system in place when you need it most.
- Security Plus Aesthetics- we can design your security door to meet your brand requirements through powder coating, stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and more.
- Quick Lockdown for Immediate Security - deploy all of your emergency doors with the push of a central "lockdown button."
"Warehouse security is vital to us as a brewery, and to our employees, but it is also important to TTB (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau). Having the protection of a coiling steel product completely eliminates that concern. We are really happy with the way the 1024 performs. It is very quiet and the fact that safety features like the light curtain are standard gives us peace of mind knowing that the door system is clearly designed to protect our people and equipment."RICK DEBAR, TECHNICAL MANAGER AT OMMEGANG BREWERY
Contact Cookson for Maximum Protection Doors Today
All our security doors
All of our overhead security doors can be manufactured with our exclusive GalvaNex galvanized finish with the optional coating of any one of our 180 stock powder coat colors for a professional yet distinct finish. Our heavy-duty doors can be designed
to display your corporate logo, your unique brand, custom graphics, or even in
Steel security doors can be deployed inside and outside the building. With Cookson on your side, security doors don’t have to look like security doors, but they can be blended and designed to fit in any environment.
Every maximum overhead security door system is custom designed. Request a quote from our team today!