Visionaire® MicroCoil® GrilleSecurity Grilles
Model Number: ESG10C & ESG12C
A Minimum Headroom Security Grille Solution: Visionaire® MicroCoil®
Entryway security is essential to avoid theft or damage, especially for open storefronts. Security grilles are an excellent tool for preventing unwanted entry, but some buildings have specific design limitations. The Visionaire® MicroCoil® compact security grille is the perfect match for storefronts with a tight fit.
Ideal for low headroom, standard cycle applications, Visionaire MicroCoil Grille is manufactured to fit in small spaces and is well suited to retrofitting.
Requiring nearly 40% less headroom than standard industry grilles, the Visionaire MicroCoil Grille is ideal for storefronts, historical buildings, and other structures that cannot be easily or heavily altered. The Visionaire MicroCoil Grille is quiet, compact and reliable, making it useful in multiple commercial settings.
Order the Visonaire® Microcoil Grille From Cookson
As one of the nation's longest-standing service door manufacturers, Cookson is the source for security grilles like the Visionaire MicroCoil. When you choose our products, you'll benefit from an impressive design aesthetic and the freedom to tailor a product to your property.
No matter your industry, count on Cookson as your security grille supplier for an excellent customer experience. If you have questions about the Visionaire MicroCoil Grille or any of our other products, submit an online contact form today!
A Security Grille for Any Industry
Requiring nearly 40% less headroom than standard industry grilles, the Visionaire MicroCoil Grille is ideal for storefronts, historical buildings and other structures that cannot be easily or heavily altered. The Visionaire MicroCoil Grille is quiet, compact and reliable, making it useful in multiple commercial settings, such as:
- Parking garages: A fast and effective product like the Visionaire MicroCoil is perfect for parking garages.
- Health care facilities: Ensure patient security and prevent equipment damage with a grille that is easy to install without renovating the interior.
- Pharmacies: Choose an easy-to-use security solution that seals your pharmacy's counter windows in seconds to prevent drug theft.
- Educational buildings: Restrict after-hours access to your educational institution's cafeteria or hallways while keeping current interior structures intact.
- Retail stores: Use the Visionaire MicroCoil Grille to cover your open storefront or add extra interior protection that prevents retail theft or vandalization.
- Bars and dining: The Visionaire MicroCoil Grille is easy to install for seamless integration at any cafeteria, bar, or restaurant.
Ways You'll Benefit From the Visionaire MicroCoil Grille
When you need a low headroom security grille, the Visionaire MicroCoil offers several advantages:
- Versatility: The Visionaire MicroCoil Grille can be used in heights of 6 feet to 14 feet and widths up to 26 feet, enabling use at openings of different sizes across numerous industries.
- Inconspicuousness: The Visionaire MicroCoil Grille is an effective security solution that you'll hardly notice until it's time to close. Its low-profile design and sharp finish options create a professional look that lets your storefront's design be the center of attention. Its patented curved link design allows the grille to coil tightly and neatly stack into itself while also reducing noise and vibration during motor or manual operations.
- Longevity: The Visionaire MicroCoil Grille has a lifespan of up to 50,000 cycles with the durability and aesthetically pleasing appearance you’ve been searching for.
- Safety: Motorized Visionaire MicroCoil Grille models prevent injury or damage with entrapment protection features that reverse the grille's motion when it connects with an obstruction during its descent.
Build for standard cycle use. Warranted for a lifespan of 50,000 cycles.
Standard Materials & Finishes
The curtain is comprised of mill finish aluminum rods and spacers with links made of 304 stainless steel.
Guides come standard in mill finish aluminum.
Chain Diverter for MGH Operators
This option moves the auxiliary chain out of the clear opening and to the side of the door – enabling free movement through the door and making a chain bag unnecessary.
Grille curtain can be mounted in a fixed frame assembly. It can be installed separately, or installed near a rolling grille curtain to complement the aesthetics. Often used in parking garages.
Hood and Operator Covers
Metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.Learn More
Powder Coating Grilles
Powder coat finish in more than 180 colors is available on perimeter components such as the aluminum bottom bar, hoods, wall angles, tubes and fascia. This finish is not available on the grille curtain.Learn More
Trim PackageIn applications where exterior aesthetics are important, such as hotels, condominiums, convention centers and parking garages, the addition of a trim package can cover unsightly hardware and contribute to the building's architecture.
Grille Curtain Construction
Magic SwitchA touchless activation device designed to open and close doors with the wave of a hand. It's compatible with all operators that have a primary entrapment device and are configured for momentary contact to close. The Magic Switch is easy to retrofit in an existing application and features a clean, stainless steel face plate.
Grille High Cycle ConstructionFor grilles that will cycle more than 5 times per day, such as parking garages and sally port openings, we recommend Model ESG12 brick pattern configuration. Alternative high cycle options include the Extreme SentryGate® grille and the Extreme 300 Series Grille.
High Cycle SpringsHeavy duty springs manufactured to withstand cycles of 100,000.
Seismic Performance Validation
We can provide project specific seismic calculations for all coiling doors that are mounted Face of Wall to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.
SafetyGard UL325 Light Curtain
A UL325 approved non-contact primary entrapment device that prevents damage to an object in the door’s pathway in addition to minimizing damage to the closure itself.
Entrapment Protection Devices
Entrapment protection devices ensure that a motorized door or grille will not close on an object. If an object enters path of closure, the entrapment protection device will stop the door or grille from closing and return it to the fully open position.
Guide-Mounted InterlocksAn electrical cutout switch to prevent motor operation if locking device is not first disengaged.
Locking - Security Grilles
A wide variety of locking options are available to meet your security needs.
Manual Release System
If egress is required on a motorized grille, a wall mounted pull handle disengages the motor to allow the grill to partially open.