Rolling Counter Shutter Doors
Commonly utilized in cafeterias, concession stands and ticket booths, Rolling Counter Doors provide accessibility and security in interior and exterior finished wall openings. When they are required by code for fire, fire barrier and smoke barrier walls, choose a fire-rated configuration.Contact Us
Counter Door Offering
Our durable counters shutters offer more than security — they create privacy and, in some cases, protect against smoke and flames. Consider installing a roll-up counter shutter door in any of these places:
- Concession stands
- Ticket booths
- Office windows
- Food counters
Rolling Counter Shutter Door
Rolling counter shutter doors are perfect for everyday use, providing accessibility and security for both interior and exterior finished wall openings. You'll usually find these counter doors in cafeterias, concession stands and ticket booths. Depending on the size and weight of the door, you can open your Cookson rolling counter shutter door by hand-crank, push-up operation or use of a tubular motor.
Cookson rolling counter shutter doors come with these optional aesthetic features:
- Powder coating: AtmoShield™ is a thick, scratch-resistant, textured powder-coat finish offering protection from environmental wear and tear. SpectraShield™ is a durable polyester powder-coat finish that comes in more than 180 different colors.
- Vinyl graphics: Add full-color vinyl graphics to your curtains and hoods for a long-lasting, stylish touch. Counter doors with vinyl graphics are ideal for displaying school colors, business logos and much more.
- Hood and door operator covers: Hood and door operator covers protect coils and equipment from the weather, block damaging debris and help users meet OSHA and UL 325 safety requirements.
- ScreenGard™ Perforated Slats: Available in galvanized steel and aluminum, ScreenGard™ perforated slats provide the security of a rolling service door with the visibility and ventilation of a grille.
- Vision windows: Opt for one- or two-way windows in the curtain to increase visibility.
Counter Fire Door
In buildings with fire barriers and smoke walls, our counter doors complete the chain of defense. These rolling counter fire doors meet fire code and close automatically to protect property and give people more time to evacuate. These rolling shutters compartmentalize spaces, keeping smoke and flames contained.
In addition to optional powder coating and our hood and operator covers, each Cookson fire-rated roll-up shutter door is available with optional, additional fire safety features, such as:
- SmokeShield® Seal package: SmokeShield is an enhanced smoke and draft control system that conforms to UL1784. SmokeShield offers extra defense, adding compartmentalized protection from smoke and fire. Often
required by local building codes, our smoke seal offers additional smoke and draft control.
- Annunciators: Protect people and valuables from damage with annunciators. These devices provide optional audio and visual warnings during door operations and can be programmed to work individually or together.
- Battery backup devices: Battery backup devices will keep your counter door operating in the event of a power failure. This optional add-on is available for motor, chain and crank operators.
- Firefly and Firefly BB release devices: Ensure that your doors will close automatically if a fire alarm goes off. Firefly and Firefly BB release devices connect to your building's alarm system, closing your FireGard doors as opposed to melting the fusible link.
To get the right rolling counter shutter doors for your location, reach out to us today.