CrossingGard® Emergency Response GrilleSecurity Grilles
Model Number: ERG-IBC
Emergency Safety Gates
When emergencies happen, automatic emergency response gates can help save lives. Security grilles are a necessity in today’s world to help protect and secure different areas of a building, however you don’t want people trapped if an emergency occurs. As soon as an alarm is triggered, our CrossingGard safety gates immediately coil into a full open position without any electrical requirements. Providing instant alternate means of egress could mean the difference in prevent tragedies. Once the emergency event is cleared, the overhead safety gate system can resume to their normal security grille protection with the push of a button.
Our emergency response gate system does not mean lowered security. Many facilities, such as schools, need to protect sections of the building after normal hours while other parts, like sporting arenas and gymnasiums may have longer access hours. Rolling security gates are a perfect solution to block access to other parts of the building. Our emergency safety gates allow instant optional means of exit or egress from the building when the need arises. Our safety gates still offer all the rugged durability and low maintenance all of our security grilles offer while providing visibility and air flow. Manual locking or unlocking is not required and the automatic opening feature does make the roll down security gate less secure. When any type of forced opening is attempted, AutoLock automatically secures any closed security grille, preventing manual forced opening. AutoLock remains disengaged during normal and emergency operation.
When you need all the advanced features of Cookson’s security grilles with the means to instantly open them in case of an emergency, our CrossingGard emergency safety gate system is the perfect solution.
CrossingGard® Model ERG-IBC provides the following benefits:
- Safety: CrossingGard’s fail-safe emergency response helps save lives. When an alarm sounds, power is lost or if an emergency exit push-button station is activated, the CrossingGard immediately clears the path by returning the grille to its full open position without requiring an electric or battery power source.
- Security: No manual locking or unlocking required. AutoLock automatically secures a closed grille by engaging upon attempt of forced opening. AutoLock remains disengaged during normal and emergency operation.
- Simplicity: No resetting is necessary to resume normal operation. Following an emergency situation, the CrossingGard can be repositioned to the closed position by activating “close” at the motor control station.
- Speed: If desired, CrossingGard’s early installation option system lets grilles to be mounted on factory supplied tubular members before walls are built and before there is a finished opening.
For access-controlled means of egress where a greater level of security is needed, visit our CrossingGard Emergency Response Service Doors.
International Building Code Compliance
The following items must be installed as indicated for CrossingGard grilles to meet IBC code requirements:
- Fail-safe emergency response opening capability
- Our unique AutoLock mechanism
- Emergency exit push-button opening device
- Additional "push to exit" signage
Additionally, activation by the emergency exit push-button station can be configured to activate a local horn and strobe alarm. Consult Cornell if other details regarding appropriate applications are required.
- Standard construction up to 24’ wide, 20’ high
- For openings that fall outside of the standard construction, please contact us.
Standard Materials and Finishes
The CrossingGard Rolling Grille has an open curtain, which allows air circulation. The curtain is formed with a series of horizontal rods 5/16" in diameter, with a vertical separation of 2” between.
Rods are available in the following materials:
- Aluminum, with mill, clear or color anodized finish
- 300 series stainless steel
- Solid galvanized steel
For additional finish options, please contact us.
The AlarmGard motor operator is supplied as standard to provide daily operation along with fail-safe automatic emergency opening capabilities without the use of batteries or a back-up power source. Operator can be recessed above a ceiling, as no mechanical resetting is required to resume normal operation.
Hood and Operator Covers
Metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.Learn More
Powder Coating Grilles
Powder coat finish in more than 180 colors is available on perimeter components such as the aluminum bottom bar, hoods, wall angles, tubes and fascia. This finish is not available on the grille curtain.Learn More
Trim PackageIn applications where exterior aesthetics are important, such as hotels, condominiums, convention centers and parking garages, the addition of a trim package can cover unsightly hardware and contribute to the building's architecture.
Seismic Performance Validation
We can provide project specific seismic calculations for all coiling doors that are mounted Face of Wall to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.
Entrapment Protection Devices
Entrapment protection devices ensure that a motorized door or grille will not close on an object. If an object enters path of closure, the entrapment protection device will stop the door or grille from closing and return it to the fully open position.