AIA PROGRAM SUMMARY
How to Avoid 10 Most Common RFIs – Coiling Doors
Program Number: RF01
Program Credit: 1 Hour - 1.0 AIA/CES Learning Units / HSW
Delivery: Lecture / Slide Presentation with Competency Component – Projection screen or area required.
Cost: None. Cookson will bring this program to architectural firms or chapter meetings.
Note: For AIA LU credit, AIA membership numbers will be required following the program.
To gain understanding of the 10 most common building design applications regarding Coiling Door Product that cause RFIs, allowing for more accurate plans, more efficient projects and the best use of resources.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- The most appropriate locking options for coiling doors.
- Motor operator options for coiling doors that provide maximum safety and aesthetics.
- Application appropriate coiling door finish options.
- Properly specifying the most suitable cycle life product for conditions.
- Accurate mounting and support requirements for coiling doors, and the option for supports provided and engineered by the manufacturer.
- How to correctly detail an opening that will be protected by a fire rated coiling door.
- Understanding the difference between a Fire Wall and a Fire Barrier.
- Differences in fire door closing systems with an application guideline for specifying the safest product solution.