Insulated Service Fire DoorInsulated Doors
Model Number: FDI-P, FDI-2S, FDI-2A, FDI-3S, FDI-3A, FDOI-S, FDOI-A, FDOI-B
The Cookson Insulated Fire Door is used when an opening in a fire wall requires a door that will reduce energy costs as well as serve as a normal fire door. Cookson insulated fire doors have a 4 hour, 3 hour, 1 ½ hour and ¾ hour rating and can be mounted on concrete, masonry, structural steel and structural steel and gypsum board walls.
Insulated Door Properties with a STC Rating
The Cookson Insulated Fire Door utilizes mineral wool fire resistant insulation to provide a R value of 4 and a Flame Spread Index of 10 with smoke developed index of 5. Not only does The Cookson Insulated Fire Door reduce energy costs but it also can serve as a sound barrier. The Cookson Insulated Fire Door has an STC rating of 27.
The Cookson Insulated Fire Door is furnished with brush weather-seals on the guides and lintel as well as a solid flexible Pyroglass astragal to reduce moisture, air, and dust infiltration.
Cookson's Insulated Fire Door is the easiest fire door to reset. It is available in both the Simple-Test and Auto-Test model. The Simple-Test Door is offered with chain, crank, or motor operation and is reset by replacing the fusible link. The Auto-Test Door does not require any resetting after automatically closing. It resets itself and is always ready for an alarm activation.
Cookson is the Fire Door Specialist
With innovative Fire Door products since 1938 Cookson's Insulated Fire Doors provide reliability and durability. Due to simplicity of design, Cookson's Fire Doors offer dependable automatic closings when activated during a test or in an emergency situation. Cookson Fire Doors will last for years, even when tested frequently. Reliable fire doors that last for years makes The Cookson Insulated Fire Door the best value available.
A Fire Door for Every Occasion
- Governor controls automatic closing speed to 9" to 12" per second for Auto-Test chain, crank, and motor and Simple-Test chain and crank operated doors
- Oil tempered torsion springs designed for 50,000 life cycles
- Structural angle guides and bottom bar make door less vulnerable to damage that could prevent the door from full closing.
- Exclusive interlocking slats provide energy efficiency and a finished appearance inside and out. Mineral Wool fire resistant insulation provides a R value of 5.3, Flame Spread Index of 10 and a STC rating of 27.
- Heavy duty brush weather-strip on the guides and lintel reduce air and dust infiltration.
- The bottom of the door is sealed by a flexible, solid Pyroglass astragal.
- Labeled doors up to 163 square feet not exceeding 13'6" wide or 12' high
- Available for 4 hour, 3 hour, 1-1/2 hour and 3/4 hour ratings
- Approved for all wall types (concrete, masonry, structural steel, structural steel with gypsum board)
- FinalCote Finish Standard. ColorCote, Custom ColorCote and Stainless Steel finish available
Battery Back Up Devices
Available for motor, chain and crank operators, these devices prevent fire doors from closing from a power failure for up to 7 days.Learn More
FireFly Release Devices
Optional device that ties in to a building alarm system and closes a Simple-Test fire door upon alarm activation, rather than by melting its fusible link.
Often required by local building codes, our smoke seal adds smoke and draft control.Learn More
Safely and conveniently test and reset the functionality of the fire door at floor level. May be flush or recess mounted.
ColorCote™ Powder Coat Finish
Polyester finish in more than 180 colors for durability, aesthetics, superior finish life and cost effectiveness.Learn More
Hood and Operator Covers
Metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.Learn More
Vision WindowsImprove aesthetics and visibility with one- or two-way windows incorporated in the curtain.
High Cycle SpringsHeavy duty springs manufactured to withstand cycles of 100,000.
Seismic Performance Validation
We can provide project specific seismic calculations for all coiling doors that are mounted Face of Wall or Between Jambs to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.
Entrapment Protection Devices
Entrapment protection devices ensure that a motorized door or grille will not close on an object. If an object enters path of closure, the entrapment protection device will stop the door or grille from closing and return it to the fully open position.
Guide-Mounted InterlocksAn electrical cutout switch to prevent motor operation if locking device is not first disengaged.
A wide variety of locking options are available to meet your security needs.
Motor Mounted Interlock
An overload sensing device that prevents damage if motor operation is attempted when the door or grille is locked. Field wired guide mounted interlocks are no longer necessary.
Rolling Door Protector (RDP)
The RDP eliminates costly fork truck damage to coiling doors by creating a physical barrier at the top of the door that absorbs impacts.